This calendar includes all official Rootstriker events, select events from our allied organizations, and events submitted by members.
SF Rootstrikers' Bi-Weekly Meeting
When: Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 7:00 pm
Where: Rincon Center, 101 Mission Street (@ Spear) in San Francisco (further details about how to find us, below)
(I) Plan SF Pride (June 30) Action
Let's exploit the opportunity to march with the California Clean Money Campaign in the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade on Sunday, June 30. High visibility. Topics for discussion:
- What prep needs to be done?
- Reminder: June 22 prep session
- Location for June 22 prep session?
- Tasks to complete before June 22 prep session (and by whom)
- Tasks to complete at June 22 prep session
(2) Facebook Group
- ground rules
- comments, critiques, suggestions for future use
- other volunteers who would like to be admins
- content generation
Have something you want to discuss? Post a comment to suggest a topic.
A note on the location: We meet in the food court area in the 101 Mission Street Rincon Center. If you can't find us right away, ask someone to direct you to the indoor waterfall.
Join our facebook group to stay in the loop!
This meeting will be split into two separate subjects, each taking an hour:
- The first hour, 6pm-7pm, of the meeting will be with the Philly Defends Democracy Coalition groups working on strategy for an upcoming ballot question included in Philly's general election in November. We had the City Council Hearing this week, and we need to plan for Summer outreach & the confirmation hearing in September.
- Then from 7pm to 8pm, we're hosting an organizer from 99Rise, who will be speaking about trainings, activities and actions that will be occuring over the Summer to lead up to a 10,000 person civil disobedience direct action focusing on the corrupting influence of money over government, specifically corp & gov't symbols that are directly involved in this corruption.
- We're going to save the last hour, 8pm-9pm, for follow-up discussion or public outreach.
Philly Rootstrikers are moving to a new Summer schedule! Instead of meeting indoors every week to discuss strategy and future actions, we've been heading out to public spaces to talk with people and educate them on the corrupting influence of money over government. Each person we talk with is invited to a Discussion Meeting held on the last Wednesday of every month, which will focus on providing additional education, opinions and materials about our cause.
This Discussion Meeting, on 06/26/13, is the first of the Summer. Please join us as we learn more about the corrupting influence of money and build a greater understanding among a greater number of people.